Our client - a Global Law firm, have a new opening on their IP & Tech Department for a Legal Secretary with previous billings experience to join.
The role requires previous billing experience and experience working within a Professional Services environment would be advantageous.
- Taking responsibility to ensure work is undertaken in the most appropriate way to maximise efficiency.
- Managing fee earner expectations in terms of deadlines and status of tasks undertaken
- Coordinating internal and external client meetings effectively ensuring rooms and conference facilities are booked, liaising with attendees and ensuring that any required catering and technical equipment is in place
- Proactively managing workflow from the team inbox and completing tasks in priority order
- Organising travel arrangements through the travel portal including booking and confirmation of reservations, flights, hotels, taxis, after flight transfers.
- Liaising with third party provider to obtain visas and producing detailed itineraries Understanding the company document management processes.
- Utilising document production for the creation of all first draft documents.
- Assisting fee earners with the organisation of meetings including preparation of agendas and collating meeting papers in a timely manner.
- Organisation of file management including closing of files, archiving and ensuring all relevant documents are filed electronically and in line with our file management best practice.
- Understanding the end-to-end billing process including creating standard bills, disbursements, amending narratives and raising credit notes.
- Understanding the client matter opening, client reporting and client balances processes.
- Completing financial reports where required, from internal systems highlighting outstanding monies to be billed and updating particular client financial schedules where necessary.
- Managing group and fee earner contacts to ensure they are up to date through Interaction (CRM tool).
- Providing administrative support to fee earners with conflict searches and audit requests.
- Assisting on ad-hoc projects as and when required, for example managing bundles, assisting during team events, indexing documents, etc.
- Previous billing experience is essential.
- Previous experience within a professional services environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Conscientious and diligent.