Phoenix Search have partnered with a top tier investment bank looking for a strong Internal Audit Manager (VP) to join their global team in London.
You will report into the Chief Auditor of the team and help drive enhanced audit coverage of the Valuation Control Function.
Your key responsibilities:
- Performing business monitoring and risk assessments of the Market and Valuation Risk Management (MVRM) Valuation Control function enabling the prioritisation of audit delivery
- Planning audits, for example documenting activity flows of processes to be reviewed, identifying risks and the key controls in place to mitigate risks
- Facilitating issue tracking and validating the closure of pre-existing issues; acting as a partner to clients in the closure process of findings
The role has a Hybrid Working Model. Currently 3 days at home and 2 in the office.
Your skills and experience:
- Valuation Control experience and understanding through either: Working in a second line function; Direct audit experience of the Valuation Control function; Exposure and understanding of significant / complex transactions, New Products/Transactions Approval, Product/ Model Approval, Risk and Profit and Loss attribution
- Understanding of valuation risk related issues in a global banking environment
- Sound knowledge of banking activities, including capital market products and their accounting and regulatory reporting requirements