Our client is a global technology business who's legal team constantly strives to offer the best service to it's colleagues and clients across the EMEA market. They require an experienced Company Secretary to join them who will manage an extensive portfolio of entities across Europe.
- Ensuring timely compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, including statutory filings
- Maintaining accurate company statutory records, registers, minutes, and ensuring shareholder queries are dealt with promptly.
- Supporting a portfolio of EMEA entities with respect to company secretarial compliance matters and providing assistance on day-to-day corporate governance matters by working collaboratively with in-house counsel and third-party service providers;
- Acting as a channel of communication on all matters of company law and corporate governance while working collaboratively with the in-house legal team
- Coordinating, scheduling and attending Board, Committee (where relevant) and Shareholder meetings
- Timely issuing of proper notice of meetings including annual general meetings, preparation of agendas, minutes and resolutions; preparation and compilation of board packs in collaboration with the business units
- Building and maintaining excellent relationships with the Company Directors including relationships with external Directors in joint venture companies
- Ensuring that all Directors are aware of their duties as Directors and facilitating the appropriate induction and ongoing training for Directors
- Ensuring adherence to Governance Frameworks and supporting policies and procedures
- 4+ years experience working in a company secretarial function either in private practice or in a multinational organisation.
- Strong experience in handling corporate governance matters and a good understanding of company secretarial processes.
- Comfortable managing a complex and varied portfolio of clients and entities with moderate supervision.
- Confident, assertive and collaborative attitude with willingness to learn and work as part of a team and help out on varied matters.
- ICSA would be advantageous but not essential