Our client, a Market Leader within the Retail Industry, is looking to add a Global Indirect Taxes -
Senior Manager to its Tax team.
Reporting to the Global Head of Tax you will be responsible for leading a high performing team
of advisory and compliance specialists to support the business by advising on all aspects of VAT
This role will ideally suit someone coming from the Indirect Tax department of a Big 4/Top 10
Firm who is currently at Director level and is looking to make a move to an Industry position.
Alternatively, someone who is operating at this level with a large MNC will also suit this position.
● Lead and develop the Indirect Taxes compliance and advisory function
across Europe and the US.
● Develop good relationships across the business to ensure Indirect Tax is
aware of all relevant business transactions.
● Review of all transactions, contracts and new business practices from a VAT
● Monitor changes in tax law and practice across all jurisdictions that may be
relevant to the company and assess impact of same.
● Advise and influence senior stakeholders on the commercial impact of any
tax law changes.
● Work on aspects of indirect tax planning involving the wider group, including
identification of opportunities, developing, recommending and implementing
● Support new systems implementation to assess the impact from an indirect
tax perspective and ensure systems are compliant with current indirect tax
requirements and enabled for future requirements such as real-time
● Develop a culture of continuous improvement to bring efficiencies to
processes and technology, improve ways of working and enhance controls.
● Advise on optimum structures for new country/depot set-up to ensure both
tax efficient and minimal compliance burden for the team.
● Work closely with Head of Government Affairs to represent on indirect tax
forums, where appropriate, to drive changes in legislation and guidance.
● Provide VAT technical and practical training and advice to the team and the
wider finance and business functions.
● Lead on any indirect tax planning involving the Group including identification
of opportunities, developing, recommending & managing the implementation
of selected projects.
● Collaborate with Procurement and Legal to review and advise on the
structuring of property and other agreements from a VAT perspective.
● Work closely with the FP&A teams on expected changes to VAT legislation
that would impact on budgeting and forecasting and estimating the impact of
● Lead the in-house team and work with external advisors to manage the
indirect tax compliance cycle and ensure that returns are prepared, reviewed
and filed on time.
● CTA Qualified
● Big 4/Top 10 experience would be desirable
● Accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent), preferred.
● 6+ years PQE relevant experience
● Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
● Commercial awareness & Project Management skills