We are looking for a mid-level funds lawyer to join the dynamic legal team of a top tier New York City based asset management firm. The role reports into the General Counsel based in New York and supports all business lines.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the product and investment teams on the design and structuring of new product offering, providing strategic legal advice and pragmatic solutions to guide the business on choice of structure, domicile and trading solutions to help deliver the investment strategy for clients.
This full-time role will cover legal advisory, structuring, product building and supporting strategic regulatory projects.
- Assisting with the preparation and filing of registrations and reports related to investment funds.
- Advising on new regulatory requirements and new products;
- Negotiation and review of various agreements;
- Assisting with management of board meetings and materials, and governance matters; and
- Coordinating with outside counsel.
Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of investment management legal experience supporting funds transactions, ideally with a mixture of private practice and in-house.
- An understanding of fund structures and fund documentation across various jurisdictions.
- Experience drafting and negotiating fund documents.
- Ability to work with and manage external counsel in a multi-jurisdictional context.
- Ability to build and develop relationships with key internal stakeholders.