My client currently has an opportunity to join a small but growing legal team as Commercial Counsel, reporting to the Legal Director. You will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to the company on a diverse range of matters.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to move in-house or into a technology company, and join a dynamic and fast-growing Irish business with customers and employees across the globe. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a commercial mindset, with the ability to work both independently as well as across various functional teams and with external parties as needed.
- Support the company sales function by drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, balancing the mitigation of risk and best business outcomes.
- Provide legal advice and support on a wide range of relevant matters and provide the business functions with practical solutions and advice whilst ensuring risks are mitigated
- Collaborate cross-functionally and build relationships at all levels globally throughout the company
- Assist with the analysis of existing contracts for knowledge management and precedents.
- Management and updating of existing contract templates as required
- Other matters applicable to the role as required from time to time.
- Formal legal qualification with min 3 years' post qualification experience working in a commercial environment - private practice or in-house
- Confident and experienced in reviewing commercial agreements, and comfortable with internal and external stakeholder interaction and negotiations
- Experience dealing with SaaS technology agreements/software licensing agreements
- Working knowledge of data protection legislation as it pertains to technology contracts would be advantageous
- Keen attention to detail across all matters
- Excellent communicator, with the ability to translate legal concepts into concise and easily understood language
- Strong drafting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven commercial acumen, and the ability to work well in a fluid and fast-paced environment, handle multiple diverse tasks and take initiative where appropriate.
- Flexible, organised and able to prioritise and manage own workload, as well as anticipate the needs of the business.
- Conscientious and diligent with experience working cross-functionally.
- Positive can-do attitude, self-motivated to work on matters through to completion
- Opportunity to work with clients and colleagues on a global scale
- Buddy system for all new starters
- Hybrid / flexible working arrangements
- Collaborative working environment
- Extensive training programmes, classroom and online, through the company's university
- Opportunity to work on a cutting-edge Fintech Product, using the latest of tools and technologies
- Defined training and role tracking to allow you to see and assess your own career development and progress
- Active sports and social club
- Competitive company benefit