About Phoenix: We are a leading specialist search firm with offices now in Dublin, Limerick, London and New York. We conduct local and international assignments from all four of our offices for functional and senior leadership positions across the following core pillars - Accounting, Tax, Corporate Finance, Audit and Risk, Legal, Financial Services, and Technology Sales. We partner with the most exciting start-ups through the largest global brands to help grow their businesses nationally and internationally.
What makes us unique? Well, it's our people and our approach. From day one, we have hired the best talent to represent both Phoenix and our clients in the market. Most of our team are professionally qualified having previously worked as qualified Accounting, Tax and Legal professionals, including in top-tier firms such as PwC, Grant Thornton, A&L Goodbody and Maples. In less than 4 years, we have grown to 40+ employees, opened 4 offices nationally and internationally, and have exciting growth plans for the coming years.
The Opportunity: Due to our continued growth, Phoenix is looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Administrator. This role will be based in our Limerick office on a part time basis and would suit either a non-qualified, experienced Accounts Administrator/Assistant/Bookkeeper who enjoys working on accounts activities within a fast-paced and progressive work environment.
- Managing all aspects of the sales ledger including issuing sales invoices and credit control.
- Managing all aspects of the supplier ledger including processing purchase invoices, supplier reconciliations and payments.
- Managing employee expenses
- Preparing Bank reconciliations
- Preparing weekly sales activity reports.
- Assistance with payroll preparation including employee commissions statements.
- Assistance with VAT Returns and other tax related filings.
- Assistance with monthly management accounts.
- Assistance with annual financial statements.
- At least 1 -2 year's experience in a similar role.
- Experience with XERO would be advantageous.
- Attention to detail and analytical mindset.
- IT proficiency especially in EXCEL.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Payroll experience would be advantageous.
- Partly qualified accountant or working towards a professional qualification (not a requirement but advantageous, however strong bookkeeping background candidates will also be considered).
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and a positive work attitude.
- Self-starter and self-motivator.
What Phoenix offers you!
- €200 towards gym membership
- €50 towards headspace / Calm app
- Birthday annual leave day
- Quarterly events
- Hybrid working
- Travel scheme
- Access to PRSA
- Death in service
- Long-term disability / Income protection cover
- Health / Dental insurance allowance
- Christmas savings club: through payroll
- Annual Leave: 21 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
- 1 Day Birthday leave in addition to annual leave.
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Company Events in the form of team activity days, social events and team/company trips.
- Specific in-house Learning & Development ("L&D") function to support your on boarding and ongoing career progression in Phoenix.
- Access to our world-class L&D platform with customised training for every level.
- Individual mentoring and coaching from our expert-led Senior team, some of whom are professionally qualified Accounting, Legal and Tax professionals.
- Excellent career opportunities/progression with clear career development and learning pathway structures to support your ongoing career progression within Phoenix.