Reporting to our Software Development Manager, the Technical Lead will provide technical direction, and leadership to the Agile Development Team.
The position will be part of the Agile Development Team and will involve the following roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing technical direction, leadership and innovation
- Contribute to the overall technical architecture
- Assist with technical documentation
- Work closely with product management, our product development team and customer support on delivering and supporting our solution.
- Provide technical insights to the team on relevant emerging technologies.
- Contribute actively to internal knowledge sharing forums
- Assist with the hiring and integration of new members into a team
- Work closely with and build relationships with technical lead peers across the organisation
Role with product team
- Assess feature requests on the product backlog assisting with product planning process.
- Breaking feature requests down into small more manageable items to aid the product planning and staging items with teams.
- Identify and prioritize technical items for the product backlog
- Help clarify technical problems during the product planning process
Role within the agile development team
- Breakdown items for sprint planning
- Oversee the pull request process and code review process within a team.
- Help clarify any technical problem during a team software development process
- Provide technical training, mentoring and support to the development team
- Manage specific refactoring tasks throughout project phases
- Identify and prioritize technical items for a team's sprint backlog
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members
- Computer science degree or similar preferred
- 7+ years' experience developing web applications
- Backend experience with C#/.Net, APIs and databases
- Familiarity with cloud technologies, containers and microservices an advantage
- Proven ability to master new development tools and passion for learning
- Exceptional communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Experience in planning and coordinating work
- Experience in an Agile environment and experience with Continuous Integration