My client is seeking a candidate who will have the opportunity to lead the privacy compliance efforts of a innovative, fast-moving legal department. As Senior Privacy Counsel you will be responsible for supporting privacy program goals and providing advice & guidance on the ever changing privacy landscape to relevant internal stakeholders.
This role is 100% Privacy focused.
- You will be a subject matter expert on global privacy laws while providing advice on the impact and compliance of those laws
- You will take charge of the continued development of the internal privacy program including implementation and maintenance of all related policies, procedures, documentation and training
- Work alongside other departments (Marketing, Information security, Product) assisting with data privacy projects and advising on day-to-day questions in relation to data privacy compliance requirements.
- Review and negotiate various types of contracts, including marketing and event services agreements, DPAs, as well as various SaaS related arrangements.Improve upon existing Privacy compliance frameworks and manage all data subject access requests, right to erasure requests, and all marketing related privacy functions.
- 4+ years with a deep understanding of GDPR and other global privacy laws
- Significant relevant privacy/data protection law experience at a law firm or in-house (SaaS or cloud-based organisation preferred)
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) or US/EU specific certifications are preferred
This role can be completely remote if so desired. Excellent salary, Health, Dental, Bonus,