Phoenix have partnered with a leading banking and financial services firm looking to expand their fund accounting team with a new exciting role as Senior Fund Accountant. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to progress with their career in Fund accounting.
- Review of fund transactions, such as security trading, investor activity, etc.
- Ensuring that all income accruals and corporate actions are accounted for and validated.
- Reviewing all foreign exchange contracts.
- Reviewing price movements, including stale / static pricing.
- Adhering to client-agreed NAV delivery deadlines
- Approving and sending fund invoices / cash instructions are just a few of the key responsibilities.
- Monitoring all cash and security reconciliation items on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all agreed reporting is completed & sent to the client.
- Attendance and participation in team / departmental meetings.
- Assist with the completion of month end processes for delivery to clients.
- Ensure that client Service Level Agreements are applied across all funds with deliverable met on a timely basis. Ensure any information required by the Auditors or Trustees is available within the time frame agreed with your Team Leader.
- Thorough knowledge of hedge fund security types, including CFD, CDS, IRS, MBS/ABS, Swaptions, Fixed Income, Exchange Traded Instruments, Forwards etc., and their accounting treatment.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- A third level qualification or equivalent preferably in a business or accounting related discipline preferred.
- A minimum of one year of experience in NAV reviews
- An advantage is having knowledge of the Multifonds accounting systems.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in fund accounting, including the mentioned core duties, is required of the applicant.
- A deep understanding of hedge fund accounting, including dealings with middle management and prime brokers.
- Knowledge of the completion of month-end processes for delivery to clients.
- Thorough understanding of performance fee methodologies (Equalisation, Series, etc.).
- In-depth familiarity with share class hedging.
- An understanding of data suppliers like Bloomberg, IDC, etc
- Experience with multi-manager, multi-currency, pooling, funds of hedge funds, and structured products is preferred.