This Senior role will work closely with the Head of Tax Globally and will be responsible for advising the Group on all aspects of employment taxes for both Europe and the US. This is a key role for the business with [75,000] employees across multiple jurisdictions.
- Lead and develop the Employment Tax advisory function across Europe and the US.
- Proactively advise the business on all employment tax issues and opportunities, liaising with external advisors where necessary.
- Engage with senior stakeholders across the business to understand and communicate the impact of any changes in employment tax legislation.
- Keep up to date with current tax and regulatory requirements and provide updates to senior stakeholders on new legislation relevant to employment taxes; providing insight into implications and recommendations on actions.
- Work with the HR teams to drive changes in policy to enhance compliance and reporting.
- Support the wider tax team initiatives which may have relevance to employment taxes.
- Partner with the Global Mobility team on tax aspects associated with our globally mobile employees, remote workers and displaced employees.
- Assist in establishment of processes and policies in relation to people related matters e.g. business travellers, remote working, travel and expenses. Act as the main point of contact with the internal audit function on the employment tax risk review programme.
- Responsible for managing any employment tax audits.
- Liaise with relevant Tax Authorities where necessary and build on good working relationship established by Primark.
- Review projects and systems implementation and assess impact from a tax perspective.
- Lead the response to changes in employment tax legislation and practice and keeping relevant business partners and management updated on same.
- Tax qualification. 5+ years relevant PQE.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business.
- Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills