THIS POSITION CAN BE BASED IN ANY OF THE CLIENT'S USA OFFICES
Our client would like to hire an attorney who represents real estate investment trusts (REITs), in a variety of matters related to the corporate structuring of investments in real estate, notably joint ventures.
- Advise on transactions involving joint ventures, fund formations, securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate purchases and sales.
- Contributing to the coordination and execution of a broad range of complex transactional matters such as joint ventures, commercial real estate development, acquisitions and sales, and commercial leasing
- Handling closing joint ventures, acquisitions, sales, leases and the development of real property
- Handling construction loans
- Performing due diligence, writing and negotiations with opposing counsel
- At least 6+ years of commercial real estate development experience is required
- Ability to draft join ventures is required
- Ability to draft and negotiate complex development, purchase and sale, leasing, and financing and corporate documents is required
- Previous law firm experience is required
- Ability to oversee junior attorneys and coordinate transactions with third party vendors, such as title companies, surveyors, etc. is preferred
- Must be licensed to practice law and be in good standing in the state where the hired candidate will be practicing. This will not be a remote position.