R2R GL Accountant
Phoenix are working with a US Multinational in the Pharmaceutical space who are looking for an ambitious R2R GL Accountant to join the team.
From an operational perspective, the R2R department has a number of
corporate accounting responsibilities.
The R2R Accountant is responsible for an entity/entities, working with the local
markets and internal departments.
The corporate reporting is completed under US GAAP guidelines.
As part of month end reporting, the Accountant is responsible for:
● Trial Balance submissions associated with the entity/entities
● All programs required to be run as part of month end (e.g. accruals,
● Detailed analytical review of data
● Answering queries/analytical requests from headquarters or
from the local Market
● Accounting issues and tasks that arise from the monthly reporting
● Performance of Balance Sheet Reconciliations; review of reconciliations
prepared by other parties
● Compliance with internal controls
● Preparation of audit deliverables for both internal and external audits
The R2R Accountant will also be responsible for identifying inefficiencies with
a view to developing and implementing more robust processes within the
There are additional operational areas where the R2R Accountant could
● Other adhoc responsibilities as required
● Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual corporate reporting to US
● Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up on errors and causes of errors
while managing the quality and development of financial accounts,
systems, processes and databases within given parameters.
● Handle general ledger inquiries from other GBS departments, NY
Controllers and the Market.
● Work with Corporate Audit for all audit related issues under US GAAP; provide audit information on a timely basis.
● Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the Market and in GBS.
● Perform/Review monthly reconciliations.
● Contribute to team effort and assist co-workers as needed.
● Identify opportunities for continuous process improvements and
innovative solutions so the team can operate in an efficient and
● Participate in projects that require creativity and analytical skills.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
● University Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
● Accounting Qualification
Skills & Experience:
● Minimum of three years of related accounting experience required
● Ability to work independently
● Ability to work under pressure and to handle several projects at once
● Strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking and organisational
● SAP and/or E1 experience desirable
● Ability to apply innovative solutions to continuous process improvement opportunities
● Proficiency in PC skills (particularly Word and Excel)
● Experience in dealing with external auditors and involvement in the
● Experience in financial reporting in a similar shared service environment
is also beneficial for this position.
● Language skills are preferable though not essential
● Strong technical accounting skills i.e. good knowledge of accounting
● Strong analytical skills
● Knowledge of US GAAP
● Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls
● Important Organisational Relationships
If you are interested in the above, please give me a call.