My client is a mid-tier law firm looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to join their Corporate department. The Corporate Department is central to the business philosophy of the Firm and provides expert advice to its client base. With commercial focus and technical ability in all aspects of corporate transactions, they advise private and public companies across a range of business sectors. They aim to provide solution-driven advice to achieve the objectives of their clients.
The Role and Responsibilities:
- PA Support to Head of Department
- File management including scanning, filing, archiving etc.
- Document Management System - open new files and maintain existing files
- Audio typing of correspondence and documents from digital dictation
- Managing ongoing AML requirements for all clients in the Department
- Creating, amending and formatting documents
- Preparing Bills of Costs and Invoicing
- Submitting filings to the CRO
- Issuing Documents for Electronic Signing on Docusign
- Managing Data Rooms via iDeals Platform
- Ensuring accurate and timely use of Keyhouse (our case management system) to facilitate matter opening, maintenance, closure and archiving
- Maintaining up-to-date client records in Keyhouse, and Outlook contacts, including client contact details, client-specific requests in relation to billing, details of other parties etc.
- Going beyond what is necessarily called for, anticipating and preparing for a specific opportunity or problem that is not obvious to others
- Liaising with clients
- Diary Management
- General office duties to include reception cover and telephone duties and any ad hoc duties that may arise
The Candidate :
- 1+ years as a Legal Secretary within the Corporate dept.
- Company Secretarial experience a bonus
- Pro-active thinker and problem solver
- A high degree of discretion and the ability to work with sensitive and confidential data
- Ability to manage a high volume and fast-moving workload