The Main Purpose of this Role
The aim of this role is to be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, installing, and supporting the company computer systems by identifying network requirements;
Installing upgrades; monitoring server and network performance.
Design and install server and virtualisation infrastructure, LANs, WANs, WiFi.
Provide excellent customer service and technical support to all company departments, external users, and external vendors. To facilitate the operations team, carry out their duties in a timely, cost-effective manner.
To constantly strive to improve the integrity of the networks and continually work towards customer satisfaction. To act as a point of escalation for technical issues effecting live customer networks.
Accountable for the implementation and maintenance of local IT systems, IT policies and procedures
Work with external partners and set priorities for IT Projects Undertake vendor management initiatives to review Suppliers performance against agreed SLAs.
Responsible for minimising system failures and unplanned stoppages through planned maintenance, health checks and ongoing monitoring of systems
Administer hardware and software maintenance and support contracts and Key Activities Project experience involving technical consulting, solution design, project, envisioning, planning, development, and deployment.
Provide accurate information at an appropriate level of complexity to staff to facilitate understanding and effective use by network/systems users.
Provide a high standard of customer service and follow through staff inquiries and questions from commencement to resolution in a timely and professional manner.
Plan and manage their own work in a complex, changing environment to meet set objectives and deadlines.
Building and executing project plans working closely with customers and IT to understand and manage project expectations.
Contribute to the success of the team by developing and utilizing effective lines of communication with other members and providing support to others as needed to ensure cohesion and consistency in approach.
Provide advice (knowledge transfer) to the customer and partners.
Prepare documentation and training to support IT and related processes.
Ability to support a 24x7x365 operation, including participation in monthly maintenance patching and updating activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience - Relevant 3rd level qualification in IT
- Microsoft Office 365 Tenancy / Licensing / Enterprise Level Migration /
- Working knowledge of VMware infrastructure
- Working knowledge of HPE Server, Storage and backup solutions.
- Windows Server (2012-2022) (Active Directory / DNS / DHCP / Group
Policy / Certificate Services)
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure
- Working knowledge of High Availability infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Business Continuity strategies incl. Backups and
- Working knowledge of ITIL
- Relevant industry certifications
Personal Attributes - Strong attention to detail
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Professional and engaging customer approach
- Ability to work on own initiative but in a collaborative way
- Positive can do attitude
- An interest in and desire to work with continuously advancing technology
- Desire to learn and further knowledge