Commercial Insurance Counsel for Leading Insurance Firm
- Provide advice to various business units regarding the firm's insurance products.
- Advise on risk and evaluation and explanation of alternatives and their implications.
- Support underwriting and underwriting governance.
- Regulatory and corporate compliance matters.
- Implement strategy, new processes and products.
- Provide legal advice on restructuring activities, reinsurance and regional expansion.
- 5+ years of practicing in law firms or blue-chip companies.
- Admitted to practice law in New York.
- Demonstrated expert experience in insurance law across multiple lines of business and types of commercial insurance, ideally both litigation/contentious and coverage/non-contentious.
- Proven track record negotiating complex legal agreements.
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance environment including relevant policies, laws and regulations across multiple jurisdictions.