Our client, a Global Leader in the Pharmaceutical space with offices throughout the world, is
looking to add an Indirect Tax Specialist to its International Tax team.
This role is an internal VAT compliance and consulting role working as part of a large team of
internal VAT colleagues within the European Shared Services Centre for this company.
This will be a 11 month contract position initially (with view to permanency) with a competitive
● Ensure accurate and timely completion and filing of VAT returns by reviewing and
approving all compliance work (VAT returns, EC Sales lists, intrastat, annual returns,
Withholding returns, and any other ad hoc returns where applicable) of the Indirect
● Manage the workload of the VAT Analysts that report directly to you.
● Ensure the VAT Analyst makes all payments in a timely manner
● Ensure the relevant VAT Team controls are completed in a timely manner each
● Oversee the Tax process to identify follow- up and resolve any errors or exceptions
● Provide business units, departments and VAT colleagues with accurate and
practical VAT advice, as and when required, across a number of jurisdictions
● Support the Global Head of Indirect Tax in terms of any initiatives and requests
● Develop Market relationships by providing accurate and relevant VAT advice
● Minimum 3-5 years VAT experience
● A professional tax qualification (e.g. AITI, AIIT) and/or significant post qualified
experience an advantage
● Experience in a Big 4 Indirect tax practice or a multinational commercial
organisation and/or Specialist experience in Indirect Tax an advantage
● Extensive knowledge of existing and proposed VAT legislation to provide detailed
advice to management on specific transactions
● Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills