An International Retailer have an excellent opportunity to join their Global Tax team within the VAT Team.
This role will report to the Global Senior Indirect Tax Manager and would suit someone coming from Industry with strong project experience or coming from a Big 4 Firm.
- Lead business-wide projects from a VAT perspective with the support of the Senior Manager, including system implementations ensuring VAT codes are correctly designed and applied throughout the system architecture, VAT invoices are accurately designed across all regions, VAT reporting is accurate and complete etc.
- Represent the Global Indirect Tax team in cross-functional forums e.g. project governance meetings, working groups etc.
- Engage with senior stakeholders across the business to deliver indirect tax compliant solutions for cross-functional projects.
- Assist the Senior Manager on any indirect tax planning involving the Group including identification of opportunities, developing, recommending & managing the implementation of selected projects.
- Work with the programme teams to ensure solution designs are VAT compliant and efficient for the Global Indirect Tax compliance team; and meet all reporting requirements.
- Oversee project implementation testing from assistance with preparation of test scripts to review of test results.
- Stay informed and educate the team on changes in VAT legislation and practice and keeping relevant business partners and management updated on same.
- Support wider tax team initiatives which may have relevance to indirect taxes.
- Contribute to the VAT team development and provide technical indirect tax training.
- CTA qualified with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Systems design and implementation experience desirable.
- Excellent Project Management and communication skills.