Our Client is looking for a Head of Customer Support will lead the Global Customer Support Services. The candidate for this position will have experience leading this function for a software company, understand best practices in this area and be highly customer focused. Responsibilities include oversight of customer support for the product offerings globally, management of global customer support team, coordination of support activities, product engineering and pre-sales teams, ensuring staffing and technical capabilities to meet or exceed requirements and other customer support obligations.
The candidate will develop a team with knowledge of the product offerings, feature enhancements and new products as they are released. The ideal candidate will implement ITIL processes , exhibit strong leadership to drive process improvement, encourage continued development amongst support team members and build a customer first culture within the function.
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships and provide appropriate communication with customers, internal teams, and senior management
- Continue building and developing the CSS team.
- Lead the enhancement and maintenance of global support for each priority from the highest to the lowest. Ensure the Global Support Team resolves issues in an effective and timely manner.
- Manage serious incidents if they occur including internal escalation, communication to internal and external stakeholders during the incident and, in the follow-up to the aftermath of an incident.
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of customer support, provide feedback, and develop recommendations which help determine the direction for the product and support services offered.
- Review and provide direction during the bid, quotation, and contract processes to ensure terms and pricing for customer support meet the needs of the business
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegate assignments to dedicated support leads for specific customers
- Act as advocate between customers and product engineering to help influence the direction of the product offerings where appropriate
- Lead the development and execution of company procedures and policies that affect customer support operations
- Direct the development of product training workshops for support team members, cross-training global team members on customer deployments outside of home region and maintaining up-to-date customer wiki entries including support, security, and privacy obligations
- Interact with senior management and/or executive levels on matters concerning cross functional areas, divisions, and/or customers
- Availability for Shift and On Call participation
- Bachelor's Degree in information technology, computer science or similar
- ITIL4 Managing Professional or other certifications a plus
- Minimum 10 years of experience in customer-facing technical or support role, and minimum 5 years of experience managing technical support, customer success or technical project management role in a software company
- Proven previous experience of growing and scaling a global customer support function, establishing 24x7 follow the sun capability
- Experience working with globally distributed teams