Phoenix are delighted to be exclusively retained as a Globally recognised business. This role is a Senior
Finance appointment and will be the Lead in a business defining Transformation project.
The successful candidate will act as the primary point of contact for all areas of Finance in respect of this
project and will be responsible for onboarding the new strategic initiatives from the business into all areas
of Finance whilst ensuring that the commercial objectives of the business are met.
This person will hold ultimate responsibility for delivering for the vision of Finance. Working with the
Heads of the business in steering committees.
● The Project lead will represent finance on the strategic project and be responsible for execution,
management and delivery of the finance workstream.
● The workstream lead will be supported from across all areas of finance to ensure successful input
of requirements and delivery. This will include, but not limited to, representation from tax, financial
accounting and reporting, treasury, controls, BI & Analytics and operations.
● Responsible for and manage the workstream plan, budget allocation and roadblock escalation.
● Run workstream meetings and co-ordinate SME’s to deliver day to day requirements
● Responsible for the workstream deliverables, and to align with other workstreams on
● Identify finance business requirements for certain key phases of the project.
● Coordinate detailed design and delivery of relevant finance processes in a seamless fashion, by
collaborating with the key Finance Global Process Owner roles and senior leadership across the
● Working closely with the Finance GPOs to lead the update of documentation and Risk and
Control Matrices and process notes for new / changed processes - Ensure appropriate risks &
controls are in place
● Working with technology workstreams to identify implementation approach.
● Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent)
● 10+ years experience that spans finance and / or transformation / project delivery roles
● Excellent communication skills combined with strong financial acumen, a broad understanding of
various finance functions and project management skills are expected
● Strong breadth of experience in finance roles, focussed on either accounting or project delivery.
● Excellent project management skills – demonstrated ability to manage projects and teams.
● Experience with systems set-up/changes a distinct advantage