Associate General Counsel
Our client is seeking a highly motivated Associate General Counsel to assist with all legal and regulatory matters related to the management of its various new and ongoing asset management initiatives. The Associate General Counsel reports to the General Counsel and supports the growth of all business lines, including Product Development, Product Management, Distribution, Marketing, Operations, and Portfolio Management.
The Associate General Counsel is expected to provide guidance and direction reflecting sound and ethical judgment, strategic vision and substantive legal knowledge and expertise. The ideal candidate will also have exceptional communication and project management skills, as well as the ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment.
Key Responsibilities● Assisting with the preparation and filing of annual registration statement amendments, new fund registration statements, N-14s, financial reports and other regulatory filings;
● Assisting with the preparation of private fund formation and offering documentation
● Assisting with the development of policies and procedures, including procedures to address new regulatory requirements and unique new products;
● Negotiation and review of various agreements;
● Assisting with management of board meetings and materials, and governance matters; and
● Coordinating with outside counsel in various areas of expertise in multipleforeign jurisdictions.
Desired Skills and Experience
● Sharp intellect and experience in forging proactive, pragmatic and imaginative legal solutions that will advance business goals;
● Deep understanding of investment company and exchange listing regulations;
● Strong ability to communicate (in oral and written form) at all levels internally and externally;
● Proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (internal and external); and
● Ability to prioritize and focus on critical tasks that add value.
Preferred Qualifications:● Experience with ETFs
● Experience with digital assets
● Experience with UCITs ETFs