Finance Business Analyst
Phoenix are working with a major house-hold name in the retail space who are currently in a period of ambitious growth and success.
They are seeking an ambitious Finance Business Analyst to join their Global Finance Team in their Dublin Headquarters.
You will be responsible for understanding business processes and applications, analysing the business needs of internal clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose application solutions. It requires an ability to understand business processes, gather requirements and translate them into a model that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals. Working closely with the customer and the solutions architect, the BA will help shape the applications roadmap.
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing Finance system and application landscape as a building block for future solutions.
- Work with internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the Finance Team to achieve its strategic goals.
- Using interviews, workshops, documentation reviews, business analysis and business process evaluations, gather business requirements.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Support the management of the process from initiation through to sign off, adhering to all PMO requirements.
- Take on the project management of programme work streams through to successful implementation, when required.
- Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirements from user requests, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Be able to draw requirements together into Functional Requirements Documents using existing templates, making use of plain English, diagrams, process flows and scenarios so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users.
- Have the ability to work in a team collaborating on different aspects of a large project, ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned and that the delivered solution will work as an end to end process.
- Be able to take responsibility for managing aspects of projects, managing resources, timelines, 3rd parties and delivering status reports, feeding into the overall project.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Use the knowledge gained in the analysis and design of the solutions to become one of the SMEs for aspects of the new landscape.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years' experience in related field.
- IT experience in Finance (or similar) applications
- Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a product vision.
- Show Project Management experience and an understanding of SDLC and PMO requirements.
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
- Possess the ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within Finance, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Experience delivering solutions with 3rd parties
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for integrations and data transformation in a complex environment
- Experience testing solutions across multiple systems
- Some experience with leveraging data analytic technologies
- Have strong communications skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate at all levels within Finance, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Candidate preferably can demonstrate experience of Finance business process change through technologies and techniques incorporating automation (incl. RPA), Business Intelligence &/or Data analytics e.g. utilisation of applications such as Oracle, Softco, Tableau, Alteryx, MS Power Automate etc.
- Candidate preferably will have accreditation and/or practitioner experience of Business Analysis, Transformation, Change Management or Project Management e.g. PMI-PBA, BCS BA, Lean Six Sigma, Agile Product Owner, etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
15% bonus, 10% pension, up to 32 days annual leave and excellent career progression!
If you are interested, please get in touch!