This is a full time permanent role.
You will be reporting to the Credit Control Manager.
Some travel between Irish sites (Lurgan and Monaghan) may be required
- Responsible for managing the debtor's ledger (Stg and Euro)
- Keeping aged debt levels down to appropriate levels ensuring debts are collected within agreed
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships via Telephone, email and letter.
- Accurately receipt and allocate payments daily to the ledger (cheque and Bacs)
- Liaise with Both customer and internal departments to resolve queries in a timely and effective
- Reduce debtor days and debtor balances.
- Process new account set ups and credit checking
- Process month end customer statements.
- Taking a proactive role in managing the Debtor's Ledger, ensuring that debt is collected from customers within credit terms and be able to escalate to Credit Control Manager when necessary.
- Ensuring that all payments received are posted and allocated to the ledger in a timely and accurate manner.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customers to ensure smooth running of accounts.
- Resolving internal and external queries on any outstanding invoices.
- Coordinating month end customer statement runs.
- Creating and setting up new customer accounts on the ledger.
- Work as part of a team, sharing information to assist in achieving departmental objectives
- Work as a team in delivering a focused quality and customer service.
- Step in to cover for the team taking account of e.g. rotas, holidays, absence etc.,
- Own KPI's and responsibilities for driving efficiencies.
- Be part of a Health & Safety Culture within the team and promote Group-wide Health & Safety initiatives.
- Attend meetings and other business events as required.
- Attend and participate fully in any training or development activities organised by the Company.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
- Language: fluent in English (spoken and written).
- Min 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent IT skills, with particular emphasis on Excel.
- Experience of Sage.
- Strong numeracy skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to operate in a fast moving and challenging organization.
- High energy profile, result driven, calm under pressure, not easily distracted.
- Ability to build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Extremely comfortable in a multi country and multi culture commercial business environment.