Phoenix are delighted to have been exclusively engaged to help appoint a Chief People Officer/Head of HR for a well known Irish company based in Kilkenny.
The Chief People Officer will have responsibility for managing the HR function in a company, acting as the top people strategist within the organisation.
As part of this role, the CPO will work closely with the CEO and be expected to provide creative and insightful solutions to HR issues and advise other members of the executive team accordingly.
- Developing a "best in class" HR function for the organisation.
- Partner with management to address day-to-day HR operational issues such as employee relations, compensation reviews, escalated benefits issues, performance management and training.
- Playing a role in the strategic deliberations of the executive team.
- Supervising and leading the HR team.
- Develop succession plans, working with site management to identify hi-po's to ensure a strong leadership pipeline.
- Implement and manage compliance efforts with all the employment laws and regulations relating to all aspects of the employee life cycle
- Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of the employees.
- Providing insightful crisis management advice when required.
- Maintaining current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Identifies trends that could impact the organisation objectives.
- Ensuring that the organisation's values are reflected in people-oriented decisions.
- Driving the change management of the organisation.
- Minimum 5+ years in a senior role as HR Manager
- The ability to originate and lead organisational strategies in HR
- Be approachable, personable, energetic with the highest standard of integrity, discretion, and confidentiality.
- Experience in developing HR policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Ability to plan and direct the development and maintenance of training programmes for all levels of staff.
- Knowledge and experience of introducing new ideas to improve employee engagement.
- Organised, innovative and results driven with the ability to manage multiple assignments in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Experience in recruitment and selection, negotiation, writing employment offers and contracts of employment