The Business Development Manager will help secure new business by working closely with the marketing and sales teams. The individual will be working closely with the VP and marketing team to qualify all incoming leads and coordinate qualification and disposition of leads with the sales team to create valid opportunities for the field to ensure revenue growth through acquisition of new customers.
- Pipeline development from a combination of networking and cold calling.
- Work closely with the marketing team on campaign planning, execution and follow-up.
- Sales support for the business in the Americas regions
- Taking prospects through the sales process to help close. Progressing from sales support to direct sales activities over time.
- Working with key sales team members to support their requirements.
- Work closely with the Pre-Sales, Professional Services, Support, Engineering, and other strategic contributors to devise and execute sales strategies.
- Create and maintain a business development pipeline within designated market sector(s).
- Developing relationships with key people in End Customers and Partners.
- Growing market segments through prospecting.
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position.
- Must have demonstrable success in business development in B2B sector (travel, hospitality, tourism, healthcare, identity management, etc.)
- Sales training including Consultative/Solutions selling is a plus.
- Background in sales support is a plus.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
- Confident in sales presentations to Executive Management and C-Level executives.
Skills & Experience:
- Well-rounded individual who can drive/support sales process from cold calling to lead generation, tracking and managing sales pipeline, management reporting and execution, client and partner relationship management.
- Highly committed, energetic, and determined mentality.
- Collaborative in nature.
- Management of good working relationships with end customers and partners.
- Exploring and referring new vertical market opportunities to the company.
- Development of presentation materials.
- Participating at conferences, marketing events and customer forums.
- Works well without constant supervision.