Overview of Role:
A leading financial services organisation has an opening in the Finance Department for an Assistant
Financial Accountant. Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant this key role will be responsible
for the full cycle accounting of a newly acquired Dutch entity. This is an excellent opportunity for the
candidate to develop their career with a high growth and dynamic international technology
company. This role will be varied and provide great exposure to the full finance function. The
successful candidate will be a qualified or part qualified accountant, with strong problem solving and
communication skills, be results focused and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of monthly management accounts for the entity to tight month-end deadlines.
- Accounts Payable and Receivable invoice processing.
- Resolve customer and supplier queries.
- Bank postings and reconciliations for the entity.
- Processing of monthly payroll with external payroll providers.
- Preparation, analysis and posting of journals at month-end including prepayments, accruals,and depreciation journals.
- Preparation of suppler payments and wire transfers.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation.
- Assisting in the preparation of VAT returns.
- Assist with annual audit and tax returns.
- Other Ad Hoc projects and cover within the team.
- Some travel to Netherlands maybe required on occasion.
Requirements and Skills:
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience.
- Exceptional organisation skills.
- Strong Microsoft experience particularly in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- A self- starter that can work with minimal direction, with the ability to operate effectively
- within a busy and dynamic work environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferable.
- Sage 200 experience an advantage but not essential.
- Collaborative working environment
- Extensive training programmes, classroom and online
- Competitive company benefits, such as flexible working hours, bike to work scheme, private healthcare, pension and sports and social.
- Buddy system for all new starters